Often I get questions on nutrition. Questions like:
- What should I be eating daily?
- What foods should I limit or avoid?
- What should I eat if I am diabetic or have high cholesterol?
- How much fruits and vegetables should I eat daily?
- Should I avoid all meat if I have high cholesterol?
- How much fiber should I get?
- I am told there's multiple types of carbohydrates that can affect my diabetes but which ones are ok to eat?
There are many more questions. These are just a few of the more common one. The goal with IGNITE when people come to me with this question is to now only educate you on all the different things you should put in your body but, also why. It's important for sustainable lifestyle changes to understand the "why" behind what you're doing.
We only have so much time together in our sessions. Part of my goal is to give you resources and tools that you can utilize on your own time to help you navigate making healthier choices and leading a more fulfilled life.
One resource for nutrition specifically is Dr. Greggor's app called Daily Dozen. It is an incredible resource for all things nutrition right at your finger tips. It It helps you keep track of daily goals and gives you suggestions on how much of each food you should eat per day. Which is the most common questions people have. He also gives you suggestions on some of his favorites so you have some simple guidance going tot he store.
Dr. Greggor himself is a physician and NYTimes best selling author, who is internationally recognized as a leader in nutrition and public health issues. His website is worth checking out and has tons of downloadable material to learn more about nutrition.
So, if you find yourself asking the question: what should I eat today and how much of it should I eat? Download his free app and never ask that question again.